Friday 29 June 2012

Fight Gone Bad. Is Good.

So today I completed my 46th CrossFit workout.

We were told that 'Fight Gone Bad' was on the menu. And there were two options: Rx (which is the prescribed weight set out for men/women and can be pretty tough) or a modified, easier version.  I chose to give Rx a shot... and it went a little something like this: 5 x 1 minutes rounds - wall ball (14lb), High-pull Sumo Deadlift (25kg), Box jumps (24"), Push press (25kg) and Calorie Row (row for calories, not time) - this is followed by a 1 minute rest.  We did five rounds... normally this workout is only three rounds. I got a score of 308... only to find that an elite crossfitter would get about 450.... IN THREE FREAKIN' ROUNDS! ugh! but I'm very proud of myself for giving it a go and completing it - now I just need to work on stamina and endurance. Bang.

You can find out more about 'Fight Gone Bad' here.

In terms of the iron infusion... I found my strength has improved... I still fatigued though. Surprisingly, my third round was the lowest scoring and I climbed back in fourth and fifth... So maybe my endurance has improved? Hard to tell... I'll keep at it.

Paddy has a habit of being 'contrary' - today he's going for a PB. He told us 'no' when asked a few questions, such as 'have you finished?', or 'would you like to get down from the table?... We then asked ' what's your name, is it Patrick?'... without flinching he said ' No, my name is Madeleine'. It's no wonder I go a bit loopy every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment