Thursday 28 June 2012

Are you yoke-ay? Yes ma'am!

Rather eventful day. Got a buttload of iron. Only cost me a couple of hundred dollars and five hours.

I had the infusion at Cabrini hospital in Melbourne - Day Oncology. Took a while to get the vein thing sorted (I'd be a useless junkie) and then we were off at a blistering pace of bloody slowly. The hydrocortisone went down nicely, as did the iron. Got to a point where I was bouncing off the walls a bit (probably the hydro) and then I started to feel like someone was squeezing every part of my body.... but not in the sexy stranger on a dark tram way.
So now we will see if the extra iron will help me to become the BEAST I hope to be at training. I was reviewing old training notes and I have been all over the place! Hoping Whole30 will support the process too... If not, I could just shave my head and set fire to a religious document for fun.

So on to the yoke joke.... I made my own mayonnaise! No bollocks in it - just egg, lemon juice, olive oil and seeded mustard with salt. I won't lie, it tastes like salty olive lemon egg but I have to mix it with some fud to find out how it goes - who the hell eats mayo out of the jar anyway (okay, some of you probably do, let's not admit that here)...? Not sure why people find it so difficult, but I will say that if I had followed my friend Michelle's advice I would have ended up with 2 litres of the stuff... my recipe said ONE egg, hers SIX.

Finally, I GOT MY COPY OF 'IT STARTS WITH FOOD'! The courier literally threw the box at our front door and the authors mispelt fud but that's okay - I can't wait to read it! I'll be reviewing it here when Paddy isn't yelling at me to either turn off the lights or help him in and out of his superbatman suit.  And then there's Maddy's hair to attend to- probably doesn't help that her brother has been grooming it with salad tongs. I'd show you a pic but in each one she looks at me imploringly saying 'heeelp?!' and I don't need you to judge me for standing around taking hilarious photos of my child when she was clearly in need. Just like I don't want you to know that I giggle when Paddy says 'giney'.
Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to make my own mayo since I started paleo back in November.. still haven't!

    Hope the iron helps you be a BEAST at the gym this week :)

    Let me know what "It starts with food" is like, all the reviews I've seen so far are very complimentary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit daunting to be honest - all the fuss on the well fed page... but it was fine and not too tricky really - give it a crack! Two weeks for iron to kick in officially - which coincides with less wanting to kill ALL the things... nice. I am loving the book so far but love all their crap so it was inevitable... : )

      Delete